Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summer time

Summer vacation has officially started for me and I love it!!!  It is in he fantasy stage right now. Me and the kids wake up giddy in the morning and lounge around, then swim or have friends over, I know soon this will get old and I will here "I am bored,what are we doing today". But for now I will bask in my happy moment. My oldest daughter is entering into a new phase. She is only nine but acts like a 13 year old. Jesus help me!!! I love her dearly, but she know which buttons to push and can get under my skin. I think this will be an amazing summer for her, as we have some great trips planned that I will be stretching and exciting for her.   
My miss Raya is amazing!! I have seen more of who she is this year. We decided to let her stay in preschool one more year and she was the star of the class. We have always felt that she would have a heart for the fatherless and broken and it has always amazed me to see her in action. She loves without barriers. Banning and I were brought to tears watching her. There is no reason for who she picks, but it is most of the time the one person in the room who needs the most love. One person who she has picked to love said I don't understand why she loves me so much, I am embarrassed, I never did anything to make her love me. Isn't that how Jesus loves us though, we can never do anything to deserve it. She  is so powerful to watch. 
I will end now with a story about a day in my life. So I love yoga. I was at my class and it was a tough one with all ladies at least 5-10 years older than me and they all kick my butt. So we were doing a pose called the crow and I would not be defeated, but as I did it I started to fall. Now if I would have let myself slowly fall I would have landed on my face. So in my brilliance and quickly threw my arms and legs out and landed flat on my stomach making such a loud noise the entire class stopped looked and laughed. Nice!!!! Of course I was laughing hysterically, why because it is so funny when people fall especially if it is me. Today I am so sore I cannot move. 
Talk to you soon, 
seajay

3 comments:

Dana said...

Oh SEA!!! I can just picture you giggling at yourself in that class...did you go to your happy place? And I love that you put "I would not be defeated" You are EPiC my friend.

This blog, though, made me miss summer at your house!! I pictured myself lounging on the couches with you instead of getting as close to the gas heater as I could with my wool shirt on!!!

LOVE YOU!

Fleck, the Mrs. said...

Your 9/13 year old daughter pranked called my cell phone last Friday. It cracked me up! Maybe I'll prank her back while you're gone on vacation. I can pretend to be Hannah Montana or some boy she thinks is cute...ha ha!!

Shannon said...

i am laughing so hard at your Yoga class.....

Love the story bout your little one who loves....amazing how God reminds us of Him through children